Monday, February 14, 2011

New fact about Gray

So this past weekend Gray had is rough. One Friday, I was in the kitchen frosting cookies and Gray is a mover now ALL over the house. He enjoys playing in the front room now. I could hear him and I thought he was playing with all the toys Asher and Cohen brought in there. When I finished frosting a cookie, I felt I needed to go check on him. I walk around the corner and he had pulled off the home fragrance plug in (he LOVES to do this now). If you have those you know that if they tip over they leak. Well the plug was on the ground and I could see where it leaked on the floor. I pick up Gray and his hands and around his mouth smell like my plug in. I knew he didn't drink it, but I was unsure of how much if any he got in his mouth. He seemed fine so I waited...took Cohen to school...put him down for a nap when we got back. I knew I wouldn't be able to shake this feeling until I called his pediatrician. Called and left a message, still not feeling better yet so I called Poison Control and talked to a great lady and she asked a few questions like if he was coughing or having trouble breathing-which he wasn't. So I was to just watch out for those symptoms for the next 24 hours. Anywho, to make a long story short he was fine.
Once Gray turned 1, I got the go ahead with peanut butter, whole milk and honey from his doctor. I have given peanut butter sandwiches several times and he had no reaction. I then started to put honey on it and he was fine...until Saturday. I made him a sandwich and he of course gets all sorts of dirty now. I went up and gave him a bath and he is all sorts of crazy in the bath now and some soap I thought got in his eye, causing it to be red. I thought that was it. Then, last night I made another peanut butter and honey sandwich and not half way through it, his face was red, he couldn't stop rubbing his eyes and they were getting a little swollen. I went up and bathed him again and he just couldn't stop rubbing his eyes and more of his face was irritated. So we gave him some Benadryl and slowly he was back to normal. I didn't take a picture, wished I would have now but I was feeling sooooo guilty that I did it to him twice.
So, best mom award? Man, I still feel so bad about it.

No comments: