Thursday, February 17, 2011

One year later...

A year ago today, Gray was admitted to the NICU in Children's Hospital. Usually, this wouldn't be a date that I would be thinking about days in advance. The days prior and the 10 days at the hospital were some of the hardest days I have been through. The first couple of days we were there the radio station Alice 105.9 was there doing their 36 hours of Miracles. They have tables set up and the DJ's are there answering the phones. Well, that is going on now and I have been listening to all the stories that these sweet kids go through. This has brought up all the emotions that I was feeling, and honestly I don't think I let out during that time because I was so scared.

What also doesn't help is that Gray is sick right now. It is so sad. Just laying with me on my bed, on the couch or on the floor. He is older and bigger now, but still the same time a year ago we were in the NICU. I know this isn't as severe as then, but I am so protective of him. I don't like seeing him uncomfortable, whether big or small. He is such a blessing to our family. He makes me smile, laugh and happy to be his mom. I am thankful for all the doctors, nurses, the flight team who took us in the ambulance to the hospital and who took such great care of him, his pediatrician (who is so amazing), our families, friends and all the prayers.

I just want to say that yes I understand how emotional I am about this topic. It could be all the hormones I am experiencing with this pregnancy, just ask Zach. Good thing he got a break from crazy Kelly the past few days (he is in Dallas for a Sales meeting). Anywho, it was an emotional time pregnant or not.

Alright, I got that out and I have probably scared you all or made you feel sorry for Zach right now. Sorry I didn't post a picture of Gray or haven't been posting pictures lately. My computer won't read my memory card and I haven't called to get a new disc. Sorry.

No comments: